Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend Update

Once again the weekend was to short and I really don't remember most of it. But did I have fun yes. This is how it breaks down.
1. Iowa State v. Texas A&m

2. Last Call at O'Malley's

3. NFC/ AFC Championships

Iowa State pretty much sucks when it comes down to crunch time, the reason being I believe is coaching. We allow Stinson and Blaylock to play way to much one on one and it really get the other guys completely out to the game. All of this streetball late in the games causes way too many stupid turnovers. How can you be winning by 12 late in the 2nd half at home and still lose in OT to a questionable team and allow a kid to make his first two 3 pointers of the year, and then ISU allows a freshmen to take his first 3 point attempt all season on a key possession late in the game. Needless to say this game really pissed me off and I might have to find better things to do than watch the rest of their games. These games are really starting to kill me and I think my son is starting to question my sanity. But as always I'll give em another chance and they'll probably suck me back inwith a win against KU. Thank God for Beer. Which leads me to my next event.

Last Call: By time me and Julie made it up to O'malley's at 8:15 for the show, I was pretty lubed. Which was good and bad. Don the opening act had already started and the place was already filling up. The night was pretty important for me because I was previewing my new hat look. Did it catch on is yet to be seen. Well I had the intention to review the show for the band, even writing down the first two sets and notes on each song. But my judgment was greatly effected by many tins of of Jaeger and I missed most of the last set and realized that I REALLY COULD'NT DO AN HONEST REVIEW because I actually like the band and couldn't be critical any way. It would be like the President of NSync's fan club reviewing one of NSyncs shows. I really mean that. Some of the hightlights: Trev's solo work on Little wing was excellent, Band was super tight on Sold me down the river, new songs like Should I stay or should i go were welcome additions. The crowd loved them.

I believe their next gig is 2/4 at Mike & Denises. Check out their link for more info.

Well I finally rolled in around 5:30, from the bar till then was pretty much a blur, so you can guess how I was feeling on Sunday, which leads us to the....

Championship games, which I watched in PIP while I caught up on my missed shows on TIVO, with every intention of going straight to the games when they got close, well that never happened in either of game, so needless to say I caught up on a lot of TV. Some thoughts on that:

Book of Daniel is an excellent new show and Its a shame NBC has to bury it on Fridays because of the pressure from the religious right . Why don't these people ever watch these show before they start protesting them? Sure some of the story lines are outrageous but I believe the portrayal of Jesus and How the Minister react to the problems swirling around them is done very well.

CSI used to be one of my favorites but I feel they might have run their course. I counted 4 music/ scientific stuff montages this past week. We get it already, time to come up with better stories and less lab work. Having said that they should take some lessond from Cold Case which has much better stories and know how to use it's soundtrack to carry the story not just fill it.

Invasion i started out liking this show but am now getting bored with the direction it is going. It is getting more and more hokey, and not like Lost hokey " where I'll believe anything that happens". I guess you need to care more about the characters to get sucked in more, and it's just not happening to me.

SNL: is it worth an hour and a half for the good laughs nad a couple of chuckles? I can't give up on SNL just yet because I see some promise in the new cast members, but it's getting close. Sometimes I feel SNL is a lot like a professional team with a buch of hight priced free agents. They have these rookies theyve drafted that should be starting but the coach will only play the money guys cause thats what the owner wants. Let the young blood lead off the show, I'm sick of waiting an hour to see the good stuff.

Well back to the games, both where blowouts and the highlight for me was Ex ISU star Seneca Wallace big catch for Seattle. I will focus more on the Superbowl in the next 2 weeks, eventually with a preview. but for now my predition is this.

Pitt 34 Seattle 21 Pitt's defense is just ot quick.
More Later,
Chuck
Also watch 24. this season has started out great!

No comments: