Friday, October 30, 2009

Help Wanted!


Since I stopped shaving over a month ago, I believe most people close to me think I have given up on finding a job. Sure not being able to find a job after 10 months can get a person down, but believe me I'm not giving up, I'm just recharging.

Oh sure I'm frustrated ( 4 interviews with one company over two months and no explanation for passing on me can do that to someone) but i feel this will lead to a better and happier place in life. It's not like I'm not trying, I apply to everything network with my friends and associates and even attend job fairs. But i always get the same responses: overqualified, friends trying to keep own jobs, same 5 insurance companies at every fair.

I've really wanted to explore other careers, but for the last 10 months I couldn't train for a new job without giving up my unemployment. Talk about a Catch-22. Of curse now that my unemployment is running out, the government has decided it is OK for me to go back to school and keep my unemployment. I know what your saying, you can't catch a fucking break, Chuck.

Sure I might lose my house but I really hope for this country that our elected leaders (both fucking parties) see that they need to work together and come up with some solutions for all of us before it is too late. I'm amazed at how all of them seem to have no clue what is really going on in this country. The American way anymore seems to be about arguing about the pointless.

Enough about that, I'm staying positive. By the way, I'm available to start Monday.

No comments: